http://translate.google.com/
I chose to do my blogg 2 on Google Translate. In Chapter 2 of Designing the Obvious it discusses the importance of not forgetting why, or the purpose of your design. I believe Google Translate's why is very straightforward. The purpose of this site is very simple and clear: to enable fast translation from one language to another. It makes its purpose very clear by having a very simple site with a white background and a minimal number of buttons, so its users are not confused. The site only utilizes what its users would need: options for languages, a text box and the translate button. I believe this simple design allows people to learn how to use the website within seconds and will in turn make users want to use the site often. Google Tranlslate's purpose was for its users to translate between languages within seconds and its site has made it fast and easy for its users to do just that.

No comments:
Post a Comment