Monday, February 3, 2014

3- Michael Tumblin


It took me a while to really think, and discover my “why” in comparison, or contrast to my previous post. I finally came to the conclusion that eBay’s why was in direct relation to the consumer. Every aspect of eBay is directed towards giving the consumer’s their own marketplace, or in a way they redefined consumer power. (consumer to consumer instead of producer to consumer) I almost look at it as giving the consumer the buying power, instead of the producer. But in a sense the original consumer becomes a seller similar to the role of the producer selling. It allows selling of used or unused items which is the what. However it’s main purpose was to indeed provide power to the consumers. I would say the why of the design is simply selling as well as selling power. I would compare it to be similar to that of the Native Americans, and the explorers who were trading back in the 1600’s. Only difference is we trade with use of currency instead of other objects which makes it selling instead of trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment