Monday, February 17, 2014

5 - Charlie Knotts

     One of Hoekman's ways to cut out unnecessary features is simply called "aim low". The ideology of aiming low is sticking with the most important features of an application that the users use the most and just focusing on fleshing out those features. 20 percent of an application holds important aspects toward the users while the remaining 80 percent is usually filler. Less is essentially more in this case.
    In my group for project 3, my partner and I revised how you change YouTube videos from standard definition to high definition. We came up with a great idea on how to succeed in our endeavors but I feel that we added some unnecessary features that can just add to the problem that we were trying to solve. I believe our redesign would be a lot better if we started off trying to aim low and keep it as simple as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment