In this week's reading, Hoekman introduces techniques to remove "nice-to-have" features from the application, such as 60-Second Deadline, in which the designer makes the lists of features to keep and features to remove, and Interface Surgery, in which the designer cut out unnecessary features in the existing application.
My partner and I worked to change YouTube's home page design to let the users make their customized home page. We let the users design their own YouTube home page by dragging features around to change each feature's location. Now that we learned about removing unnecessary features, I think we could have just removed most videos on the home page and provide more empty space to the users. Videos displayed on the home page of YouTube takes too much portion of the page and they make the page less obvious. Therefore, I think our group could just show five or less videos on the main, with search box and user information alongside, to get closer to the obvious design.
No comments:
Post a Comment