Monday, March 31, 2014

9 - Anthony Romweber

In my opinion, I believe that help systems are necessary for people who are not very tech savvy. These systems are designed to aide in showing how to use a specific application or piece of media/technology.  I do not think that they are just a substitute for good design because the user can turn them on and off if need be. However, if these designs were more “obvious”, I think that people would be more inclined not to use the help system at the start. It all depends on the type of user that will be utilizing the product as well.

The audience that we should aim at for project 5 is the fans of the particular superhero. The people who would obviously care about the product that we design for a superhero are the fans, and they would hold the designers accountable for their decisions. These designs that we are accountable for can make or break how the fans react. They also must be able to help the superhero to the point where they are not overpowered, or hinder them as weak, or the audience we aim to please is not going to be content.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with what you are saying about 'it all depends on the type of user that will be utilizing the product', these sort of systems help someone when they are new to the application and people could get upset if there isn't a help system to show them how to get started.

    ReplyDelete