Sunday, March 9, 2014

8-Amita Avancha

Just from being in this class for a short period of time I have learned many new things about the game of HCI Design. A major point I learned was that a design is never perfect and there is always room for improvements. At any point of the design process you can go back and made changes to either your prototype, sketches, and goals. You even have to sometimes go back to the problem and look at it from a different perspective in order to find a solution. This can be challenging since there are always many different ways to solve a problem in this game. For project 4 my group had created our sketches and design for our fridge but then after coming to lecture we realized we had approached the problem in the wrong way. Once we understood what the problem was asking, from speaking with the AI's and asking questions in lecture we went back to working on a new design and sketches for our fridge. I have also learned that working with different people and getting feedback from users through usability tests is beneficial. Others have pointed out mistakes and flaws in our design that I would have never noticed. I believe input from others and working in a team setting has helped me to learn and make my designs better.

1 comment:

  1. Yes the same thing happened to me and my group for project 4! After being in i300 for 8 weeks, I believe that this class has an underlying theme of trial and error. Every project there were problems laid down within the task that were meant to trick us (or traps how Marty would call them). The more we go through with this class, the better we all will be at noticing false information and making better design choices.

    ReplyDelete