I liked the way Mint established user's interaction with the application. Mint is an online money management software. I've never used the application myself but they use a simple and effective way to get users "up to speed" immediately. New users are directed to a 3 step process this includes.
- Entering Bank Account
- Entering Online Banking Credentials
- Pressing Add Account
Another effective way to get beginning users to intermediate users is using shaded masks over the display with annotations. I've seen this mostly on touch screen device apps. It gives a first time user onscreen messages about how to navigate through the applications often this includes a walk through of different screens. I'm noticing some web applications and even console/pc games utilizing the same process.
It is obvious that almost every new user does not want to read through a manual of instructions or use a help link. Basic instructions for getting a user up to speed quickly is essential for an application. If the user wants to become an expert, it is widely accepted that it is up to them.
Part 2
I would focus on the fanatic for developing personas for our superheroes for Project 5. Every popular superhero has a fanatic following. There are fans of superheros and then there are fanatics. The difference is that the fanatic knows everything there is to know about the superhero, they go to conventions, and sometimes even dress-up as the character. If anyone knows if a new tool would work for the superhero, it is the fanatic.
No comments:
Post a Comment