Friday, March 7, 2014
8 - Helana Hernandez
After finishing up our fourth project, the game has taught me a lot that I did not know before. One of the main points I have taken out of doing these projects is that improvement can always be made. After what I thought was a great design, I would test it out on a different user and they would find many flaws or even struggle with my design. By doing user tests I was able to see my design from a different angle and fix the flaws that I hadn't even seen. A specific example was in our last project. My team made a refrigerator that was focused at health conscious individuals. After what I thought was a good design we tested a user who brought up points that were very crucial in our design but things that we hadn't even thought about. (such as water intake, calories burned at the gym, etc.) Without getting a different users perspective on our design we wouldn't have been able to see the new improvements we could make.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Testing users can really give us some fresh perspectives. In my team's case, a user did not even feel the need to use some of the features that we designed, so we debated whether that feature is a nice-to-have one or a crucial one during the redesign process. Though, I think sometimes it might be helpful to disregard a user's opinion if it seems to be contrasting what most of the other users say.
ReplyDelete