Monday, March 10, 2014

8-Adam Combs

The most important things that I have taken away from the first half of this class are the variety of tools that are used in the "whole game".  Prior to this semester I didn't think of creating personas, use cases, and usability tests to design an application.  I assumed that a developer created an application the way they thought the user would want it.   However, I have learned that not all users are the same and developers won't fulfill users' needs effectively until they do research, create multiple concepts, test them, and redesign.  Also, today's video about failing often shed light on how it is important to create something, fail, learn from mistakes, and try again.

1 comment:

  1. I was in the same boat as you. I never had considered how many different aspects went into designing a product. I figured that designers had drawn up something that would appeal to them and their bosses, maybe considering the user's interests along the way. It's funny that I never at all considered how much the user's needs impacted decision making throughout the design process. I also learned a lot about how failing early can be incredibly beneficial - I'm stubborn and don't like to admit that I'm wrong so I typically don't show people my work unless I consider it to be good.

    ReplyDelete